The First Delightful Dungeon Competition

I want to see more delightful dungeons and I want you to create them!

Submit one or more dungeons (or dungeon-like adventuring locations) conforming to the restrictions of the competition before August 26th 2024. A $20 amazon gift card prize is given to the best dungeon as judged by me according to the judgement criteria. A $10 amazon gift card prize is given to the most popular dungeon as voted by the non-disqualified competitors after the final date of submission. 

Criteria for qualification

  • Text, maps etc. packaged into a single PDF of no more than 2 pages
  • If printed the details of the text, maps, etc. should be legible (min ~8px)
  • The dungeon should include at least one of the following themes: hidden treasure, traitors, sentinels
  • The heavy lifting is done by you, don't ask the DM to randomize treasure, come up with hooks, names etc.
  • The dungeon is compatible with an old school system like ACKS, AD&D, B/X, LotFP etc.
Criteria for judgement
  • Respect the time, intelligence, and taste of the DM reading your dungeon. Write clearly, draw clearly, don't explain the obvious. Use color and imagination befitting your vision.
  • Offer a good challenge and proportional reward to the players. Reward bravery and cleverness with shortcuts, treasure, information etc. Punish cowardice and stupidity with the loss of life, resources, opportunity etc. 

Examples of what I'm looking for
2-pages should allow you to write a medium sized dungeon with a sparse key (like a quadrant of Michael Curtis' excellent Stonehell) or a small (2 rooms!) lair with an expanded key (like Heikki Hallamaa's excellent The Diamond of Hishep-Ratep).


Submit your dungeon as a PDF to olleskogren [at symbol] gmail.com. The qualified entries will with the permission of each author be published as a free compilation.




Comments

  1. 2 pages including maps is very constrained for me but perhaps I can make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are you and why do you want my dungeon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This man is Olle Skogen, winner of No Artpunk II, killer of vast piles of players.

      Delete
    2. I want your dungeon so that I can run it for my players!

      I never won any No Artpunk but my module (The Temple of Hypnos) for the first is well regarded. The one I wrote for No Artpunk II got stuck in playtesting but is basically complete except for post-playtest adjustments https://mega.nz/folder/5HklhRQJ#aZaebI1eZMMsCAshomZBaQ

      Delete

Post a Comment